For beauty, quality, and aesthetic simplicity, Salter Fine Cutlery is pleased to announce the addition of additional styles of our popular Salter-Ihara collaboration folding knives.
We now carry and stock a nice selection of styles by two Japanese makers. Of particular note, is our new selection of blades and internal mechanisms by Mr. Ihara of Japan. He has designed some of these knives exclusively for Salter Fine Cutlery. Every internal part, even the little washers are each handmade by Mr. Ihara in his small workshop in Japan. They feature a smooth action and definitive mid-point pause.
In addition, we can special order blades from him in any length. Here are some of the options available on any of these knives by special order:
- Choice of VG10 damascus or CrMo7 stainless blades
- Choice of brass, titanium, or black carbon fiber liners
- Choice of five different handle styles
- Choice of stainless steel bolster, no bolster or ebony bolsters
- Choice of wood handle materials
- Choice of handmade leather sheaths
- Choice of ordering knife only, in a custom designed sheath, or optional box