Although at Salter Fine Cutlery, we specialize in handles, boxes and stands made with exotic Hawaiian koa wood and other Hawaiian woods, we can access many other woods for your custom handles. We will also be happy to customize your handle to your own special needs.
Featured in today's post, we are introducing a special custom order made exclusively for a lover of fine wine! This knife was made for the owner of a vineyard, and was made using one of our 3.5" Salter-Ihara collaboration folding knife blades with titanium liners.
Our customer sent us a piece of grape wood from his own vineyard and asked if we could do anything with it. We were more than happy to oblige. After milling the wood, Gregg chose an area near the heart of the vine wood for this handle. Together with our client, we further customized his knife by including a wine colored custom belt sheath and hand-tooled grape-cluster design on the snap flap. A coin momento was added to the snap to complete the look.
We have also made many other custom handles over the years from a variety of woods. The following is a small sampling of this list:
- Exotics from Morocco
- Woods to match kitchen cabinetry
- A steak knife set with deep red wood handles to enhance a mahogany dining table
- A set of steak knives with wenge handles to draw off the custom wenge flooring in another customer's ultra-modern dining room
- Dark cocobolo wood for a professional chef chosen for its hardness, durability and natural oiliness
- A wood to enhance deep walnut fixtures and decor in a fine dining restaurant
If you have a special project in mind, we would love to hear from you! We welcome your call and there is never a charge for custom design work or consultations. We truly do believe in 'old-fashioned customer service'.
Leave a comment: