Custom Steak Knives
Our custom handcrafted steak knife sets feature individually hand-forged Japanese steel blades with handcrafted wood handles and boxes.
Our exclusive Salter Fine Cutlery designs can also be made to order with your choice of handle materials and decorative options.
These unique and incredibly beautiful steak knife sets are simply the very best, high-end luxury steak knives available.
For Quotes or To Order:
Copy/Paste us a photo or description of the set you like. Then email or call us.
- Pick the blade you like
- How many pieces you want
- The handle style and materials that would be right for YOU
- Preferred storage option: storage gift, beautiful keepsake or display presentation box
Above: 12-pc Charybdis design series luxury steak knife set in presentation box 130mm Cattleman's full-tang western style steak knife blades.
Because each steak knife set is custom-made to order and is a unique creation, we ask that you contact us at 808-883-0128 or E-mail us for a custom quote. SalterFineCutlery@gmail
Above: 6-piece set demonstrates an example of our Cattleman's style whirlpool damascus blades together with 'artist-series' handles with keepsake box.
Below: This video below shows a 12-piece steak knife set in a presentation box.
The photos on this page show a small sampling of previously made custom steak knife sets.
We normally have a good supply of blades in stock to make your set to your own individual preferences.
Above: 6-piece variety set; mix of beautiful hardwoods. Raptor series hand-forged R2 stainless steel blades, short ebony bolsters.and keepsake box.
For immediate, last-minute gifts, click to our Shop Now page.
Please visit our Steak Knife Set Configurations page for more details and photos, as well as ordering information.
Hand-forged Japanese Steak Knife Blades
Our steak knife blades are individually hand-forged by a Japanese master bladesmith to our proprietary designs.
We feature high-quality stainless steels. Shirogami carbon core steel available by request.
Several finish options. We can help! Choose from these design-series finishes:
- Clad Satin or Clad Mirror
- Camelback Desert Sands
- Salter Original Classic Damascus
Please visit our Steak Knife Set Configurations page for more details and photos, as well as ordering information. CONTACT US: 808-883-0128
Luxury Steak Knife Sets
We feature individually hand-forged Japanese blades, designed by and made exclusively for Salter Fine Cutlery.
- Order any size set
- Choose your blade
- Your choice of handle wood
- Your choice of decorative accents
- Modern or highly decorated functional art
- Choose your storage option
- Special requests welcomed
All knives shown are R2 or VG10 stainless steel. SRS13 also available
- 'Charybdis' whirlpool damascus finish
- 'VillageForge" combo hammered/damascus finish
- 'Raptor' hammer finish
- Satin Clad for polished plain finish
- 'Moderna' high-polish damascus finish
- 'Camelback' Desert Sands polished finish
- 'Classic' damascus finish
- Shirogami 'white paper' carbon steel; Damascus finish
Below: The all-new Moderna Classic steak knife
NEW for 2023! Our newest design; the "Moderna Classic"
Features of this beautiful new design:
- Modern high-polish finish with subtle random whirlpool design
- Individually hand-forged in Japan
- Signed by the bladesmith in kanji
- R2 stainless steel
- Full-tang design
- Blade length; approx 5-inch
- Overall length: 10-1/4"
- Elegant sweeping modern handle design
- Your choice of handle materials
- Choice materials to perfectly compliment your home
- Beauty, simplicity, elegant artistry for your table
- Every knife made by hand.
- Every blade made to our exclusive designs
- Every handle custom created in our Hawaii workshop
- Traditional old-fashioned handcraftsmanship in every set
Handle Wood Options:
We specialize in exotic and rare Hawaiian curly koa wood, but are more than happy to make your set in many other woods.
For samples of some we like to recommend, please visit this link to our Material Samples page.
- Hawaiian mango or curly mango wood
- Lychee wood
- Hawaiian kiawe wood
- Hawaiian Milo wood
- Dark wenge wood
- Dramatic burl woods like thuya burl
- Whitewash look exotic ylang-ylang perfume wood
- A number of locally reclaimed exotic woods
- Walnut woods, several species available
- and more.
- Stainless steel; contoured
- Nickel-Silver; contoured
- Brass; contoured
- Buffalo Horn
- Mozambique Ebony (long or short)
- Mokume upgrades available (various options)
- Faux gem stone in several color options
- other exotic materials available upon request
- Handcrafted Hawaiian koa gift, keepsake, or presentation boxes
- Traditional style knife blocks for steak knives only or combination chef/steak sets
- Handcrafted Hawaiian koa or classic maple in-drawer racks to fit your knife drawer.
Need a price quote? Contact Us by e-mail or Call Us at: 808-883-0128
To see more photos and set size and configuration ideas, please click here.
Prices vary by set size, design, and box options. Please contact us for a custom quote.
Call Us: 808-883-0128
E-mail Us: SalterFineCutlery@gmail.com or Sales@SalterFineCutlery.com
We welcome your questions and gladly offer custom order consultations to help design the perfect product. If you do not see a material listed, please ask. We are able to accommodate most requests using a wide selection of rare, exotic legally-obtainable materials not listed here.
All craftsmanship is fully guaranteed.