The Lost Sword
As featured in the Robb Report Ultimate Gift Guide, this breathtaking "Lost Sword" concept design brings together the best of the best in design, artwork, materials, and craftsmanship. Designed in collaboration with renowned custom sports car designer, Dan Panoz, the "Lost Sword" Japanese sword set is inspired by the famous Japanese lore surrounding the Battle of Dan-no-Ura in 1185. According to lore, the Imperial sword was lost at sea during battle.
Our fantasy set is designed to honor that legend along with Japanese craftsmanship. Our gem-encrusted tsuba, or hilt, captures the image of a Japanese "Ama" diver recovering the lost Imperial sword, a treasured relic of Japanese history and tradition.
- Unique motif engraved on blades of 2-piece Wakazashi and Katana sword set by Japanese sword-maker Shigemitsu Ito
- Matching motif in Makai-style gold inlay on both black lacquer and plain wood shirasaya storage sheaths
- 18k gold tsuba (hilt) designed by Gregg Salter and Dan Panoz of Panoz Automotive Development
- Tsuba is decorated with platinum, black onyx, jade, and Japanese Akoya pearls. Air bubbles, pearls on bottom of the ocean and in the basket are all real Akoya pearls.
- Sword handles decorated with 18k gold and have the highest quality Akoya pearls on both sides
- Custom case handcrafted with curly Hawaiian koa wood by Gregg Salter
- Leather interior and hidden compartments by Dan Panoz
- Battle scene case inlay hand-carved by famous Japanese Shinto shrine-maker in traditional wood-block with gold foil
- Salter Fine Cutlery and Panoz custom logos made in solid white gold
- 18k solid gold decorative 'samurai' crabs that represent fallen Samurai in Japanese culture in that region are shown throughout the design
- Special matching motif engraving on Kogatana and Kogai (small dagger and hairpin)
- All necessary traditional cleaning tools are included
The Lost Sword is a one-of-a-kind concept collectible available by special advance order for a serious collector looking for a rare and remarkable acquisition to showcase in their collection. For more information, please contact us for a private consultation. Serious inquiries only, please.
Images are artist renderings. This item must be ordered in advance. Please allow up to a year for production.
In addition to this exclusive jewel-encrusted concept sword, we can also custom craft a variety of swords in a range of prices; please contact us to discuss a design.