8-inch 'Charybdis' whirlpool damascus Chef Knife
This 'Charybdis' design-series collectible chef knife features a western style full-tang design with 200mm (approx 8-inch) blade.
- Beautiful Functional art for any home cooking enthusiast.
- Built to last! Use it every day!
- Used by many professional chefs
- Highest quality Japanese R2 stainless damascus steel
- Hand-forged using traditional methods in Japan
- Custom Designed and Hand-forged exclusively for Salter Fine Cutlery
- Signed in Kanji by the bladesmith
- Hawaiian curly koa wood handle made in Hawaii by Gregg Salter
- Stainless steel contoured bolster with black decorative accents
- And there's more.....
Every knife has been forged from a solid bar of steel. There are no welded sections like you find in many production knives. You can rest assured that your knife will last for a lifetime of use and can be passed to future generations with proper care.
More about the Blade
The custom pattern containing many small whirlpool shapes, was created in Japan by an 8th generation bladesmith to our own Salter Fine Cutlery proprietary design. He made the blade using time-honored traditional Japanese forging methods, including adding each little whirlpool by hand.
Update: This knife, as shown, has been sold. We DO have additional blades like this in stock. Contact us to place your order.