Continuing with our blog series which answers questions I most frequently receive, today we discuss this very-often-asked question:
IS THERE ANYTHING I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT MY NEW KNIFE?
Here are a couple of the main points you should know.
- Your new knife has been individually hand-forged in Japan to our own specifications and design by a highly skilled Japanese artisan making blades in the traditional method of hand-forging.
- Your new knife is made from the highest quality steels made anywhere in the world. Each of our blade-makers specializes in certain steels, but whether you have chosen a stainless or carbon steel knife, you can rest assured that the quality of the steel, the blade maker, and your custom handle and box is all of the highest quality!
- Being a completely handmade product, you will want to treat your knife or knives with the same care you would any fine luxury product. Wash individually by hand. Never throw them all in a sink, especially with other pots and pans, where they may get damaged and Never wash in an electric dishwasher. Always dry your knife/knives after washing and BEFORE storing.
- Your knives were made to last a lifetime and beyond. Treated with care, they make wonderful heirloom gifts, which can be passed down to future generations.
- We want to be sure you get years of enjoyment from your knife/knives. Every knife comes with some helpful knife handling tips and suggestions and we are always here to help answer any questions well beyond the sale.
We will continue soon with Part 3. Let me know in the comments section if YOU have any questions.