155mm 'Charybdis' whirlpool damascus Utility Chef Knife
Surprise your loved one with a gift they can use every day, yet is beautiful enough to simply hold and admire! This knife is functional art for the home and meant to become a favorite knife for all small jobs.
Giving this knife is also a great introduction to the excellence of handmade luxury cutlery.
About the Blade:
- Custom designed by Salter Fine Cutlery
- Hand-forged in Japan by a traditional bladesmith
- R2 high-quality powder metal damascus stainless steel
- Individually hand-forged from a solid bar of steel
- No welded sections like you find in many production knives
- Built to last a lifetime with proper care
- Custom pattern containing many small whirlpool shapes created by hand
- Signed by bladesmith in kanji
About the Handle:
- Our custom handle was created on the Big Island of Hawaii
- Completely handcrafted
- Exotic legally harvested, reclaimed, super curly Hawaiian koa wood
- Nickel-silver and Mozambique ebony decorative accents
- Flared for easy gripping and comfortable feel
- Lightweight for extended use
The knife is offered as knife only. Ask about ordering an optional stand or beautiful handcrafted Salter Fine Cutlery keepsake box.
We do have other blades in stock for your custom order. Please contact us for pricing and sizes.
Update 11/24/2023: This knife, as shown, has been sold. We have additional blades in stock. Contact us to order a similar knife with your choice of handle.