Custom Order Hunting Knives: 155mm Hunting Knife
Salter Fine Cutlery is proud to introduce our latest custom design hunting knife. This knife is currently available with a 155mm (approx 6") blade length, but can be ordered in your choice of blade length.
Each knife is completely handmade. The blade has been hand-forged using traditional Japanese forging methods to make both the billet and the finished blade in Japan by an 8th generation knife-making family. Each blade a work of highly functional art!
The knife and finish was designed by and made exclusively for Salter Fine Cutlery. You will not find it elsewhere!
Each handle is custom created in Hawaii by Gregg Salter of Salter Fine Cutlery to your own custom requests. Our handles are custom designed and handcrafted so that the knife is both beautiful and usable.
Available with or without your choice of bolster, or select an extra-decorative handle that includes a bolster and hand file-work.
This unique pattern features our Raptor design combined with rivers of damascus.
Please contact us for quotes. Price shown is a sample for the handle style shown. Pricing will vary depending upon handle chosen. Each knife is custom made by special order.
Custom handcrafted leather sheaths with your choice of style and decorative tooling, Hawaiian koa knife stands, keepsake boxes, or presentation boxes are available to store and display your unique handcrafted hunting knife.
- R2 powder metal die stainless steel
- Overall blade length including finger guard: 155mm
- Cutting edge: 150mm (Approx. 6 inches) long
- Overall length: Approx.12-1/4 inches long.
- Tang thickness: 5mm at widest point tapering with step-down drop to tip
- Optional removable handle; decorative torx fittings
- Blade width at widest point: 43mm (approx 1-3/4")
Price shown below includes a western style handle of curly Hawaiian koa wood with choice of ebony or plain metal bolster (surcharge applies to stainless steel or mokume bolsters), custom hand-filework along tang and custom handmade pigskin-lined leather sheath. Prices will vary depending upon handle chosen, sheath options or optional stand or display box.
Each blade and knife is unique. Contact us for pricing and available blades in stock now or to place your custom size request.
- Contoured Brass
- Stainless Steel
- Buffalo Horn
- Mozambique Ebony (long or short)
- Mokume upgrade available
- Hand file-work with an extra-decorative handle
- Custom Handcrafted leather sheath
- Handcrafted Hawaiian koa hunting knife stand
- Handcrafted Hawaiian koa keepsake box
- Handcrafted Hawaiian koa presentation box
We welcome your questions and gladly offer custom order consultations to help design the perfect product. If you do not see a material listed, please ask. We are able to accommodate most requests using a wide selection of rare, exotic legally-obtainable materials not listed here.
All craftsmanship is fully guaranteed.