Custom Order Folding Knives: Salter-Ihara 3-inch Pocket Knives with Titanium Liners
Boasting a superior VG-10 hand-forged stainless steel damascus Japanese blade, this 3-inch pocket knife has internal components and liners of titanium and is entirely handcrafted. Every internal component, including the little ultra-thin washers, is hand-engineered to perfection and fits only the particular knife it was made for. Nothing is mass-produced. This lock-back folding custom pocket knife has been made in collaboration with To-Un Ihara of Japan. Each blade is signed by Mr. Ihara. His knives have a beautifully smooth action with a definitive mid-point pause.
VG-10 is one of the highest grades of cutlery steel and a preferred steel for many professional chefs because of its excellent edge retention and ease of sharpening. For this knife, we have asked Mr Ihara to make a thicker, heavier blade than you would find on VG-10 chef knives for more durability of use as a pocket knife.
- Blade Length: 76mm (approx 3" inch)
- Blade Thickness (at thickest point) approx. 3/32"
- Blade Width (at widest point) 11/16"
- Overall Length (closed): 4-3/16"
- Overall Length (open): 7-1/4"
- Titanium Liners
- Lock-back mechanism
- Definitive mid-point pause
- Individually handmade liners, internal components and washers for optimal fit
- Extremely smooth action with a definitive mid-point pause
- Upgraded titanium or black carbon fiber liners available (please contact us for a quote on carbon fiber liners)
- Thicker gauge VG10 stainless steel blade for extra durability
These knives are both strong and durable, and are well suited for daily carry. Each comes with a leather lace lanyard with a decorative pewter bead. Upgrade sterling silver decorative beads in plain or Hawaiian engraved motifs are available. Decorative handle and finishing options are available.
We welcome your questions and gladly offer custom order consultations to help design the perfect product. If you do not see a material listed, please ask. We are able to accommodate most requests using a wide selection of rare, exotic legally-obtainable materials not listed here.
All craftsmanship is fully guaranteed.