We were saddened recently by news of the passing of talented Japanese metal-working expert, To-Un Ihara, who made all of our pocket knife blades and components. We worked together in many unique collaboration folding knives over the years.
Mr. Ihara was a retired metal engineer who pursued his passion of making folding knives from his tiny shop in Japan. He made every component of every knife completely by hand. We will miss him.
With his passing, we have decided to retire our pocket knife line of products.
Update 2/23/2020: Sorry, all remaining Salter-Ihara knives have now been sold.
It is my understanding there are still a few Ihara pocket knives remaining at his workshop in Japan. If you are interested in obtaining one of these remaining knives, please contact us for more information. We are currently awaiting a list of what may be available for purchase.
Visit our Pocket and Folding Knives page to learn more and order one of these remaining knives with your choice of handle material and storage options.
Not really designed for use in a hunting or camping environment, these knives were designed as a great gents pocket carry knife.
- Blade Length: approx 3"
- Cutting Edge: approx 2-3/4"
- Blade Thickness (at thickest point) approx 1/8"
- Blade Width (at widest point) approx 9/16"
- Overall Length (closed): 3-7/8"
- Overall Length (open): 6-3/4"
- Upgrade Titanium Liners
- Lock-back mechanism
- Definitive mid-point pause
- Individually handmade liners, internal components and washers for optimal fit
- Extremely smooth action with a definitive mid-point pause
- Thicker gauge VG10 stainless steel blade for extra durability
- Each knife a collaboration design exclusively for Salter Fine Cutlery
- Order with curly Hawaiian or your choice of handle materials